Lots of notable releases, community projects, and technical content was released in the DoneJS community last month! This post outlines some of the highlights from December 2016.
Right at the start of the month, we released the new CanJS site. It features a brand new design with lots of new documentation, technical guides, and more!
The following projects were released by various members in our community.
marshallswain released a couple modules:
- can-connect-feathers makes it ridiculously easy to use CanJS and Feathers together
- steal-svg makes it simple to use Steal to bundle SVG files with your application
roemhildtg has been publishing a few modules:
- spectre-canjs is a great way to use Sprectre.css with CanJS
- can-restless is a can-connect client for Flask-Restless
- can-geo includes mapping-related components
Blog posts, talks & trainings
We published a blog post on How to Upgrade a DoneJS Plugin to CanJS 3 and hosted a training on it too! If you’re migrating a project from CanJS 2.3 to 3, you’ll enjoy the improved Migration Guide; shout out to Curtis for providing notes from a migration he worked on.
We also hosted a training on how to use can-connect and can-set for real-time functionality.
The core team is focused on the DoneJS 1.0 release, which will include CanJS 3 and StealJS 1.
We’ll be hosting a few local meetups: