Build and containerize a Node app then orchestrate multiple containers with docker-compose in this Docker guide.
Before You Begin
Please ask questions related to DevOps in the DevOps Chat Room.
If you find bugs in this training or have suggestions, create an issue or email
In this tutorial we will take a simple node api and containerize it to run with Docker. We will explore how to optimize the image for production as well as how to streamline local development workflows.
Afterwards, we will look at orchestrating multiple docker images to form a full stack application using docker-compose.
- What is Docker - Explore Docker concepts and architecture
- Build a Node App - Build a simple Express API to use for the rest of the course
- Writing a Dockerfile - Write a Dockerfile to containerize the node app
- Build and Run An Image - Build an image and run a container for our node app
- Volumes and Local Development - Streamline local development workflows with bind mounts
- Production Readiness - Trimming the fat from our docker image
- Docker Compose - Make Docker easier to use and orchestrate multiple containers